? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, April 30, 2010

Episode 7 Pure Coincidence

The atmosphere to the restaurant was dim, much like the way Andre was feeling at the moment. He just wasn't in the mood to see or even talk to another girl. He was still in mourning...more so now, since he talked about the suicide to his brothers. Gloomy...down..just not in the mood for anything or anybody. Kareem spotted three girls walking their way.
"Ok, Andre, put the sad song away because we got three hot chicks coming our way. I'm pretty sure that's them." Kareem stood up as the girls walked up to the table. Andre hesitated, but stood up and greeted the ladies.
"Hello everyone." Michelle said extending her hand to Kareem and Andre. Only Kareem shook her hand. "I'm Michelle. This is Kami and Shanese."
"Hey" The ladies said in unison. Michelle whispered something in the girl’s ears and then headed to the door. Kami truly felt uncomfortable with this "date" She didn't have time to be mingling with a man. She had an agenda. She slid in the booth and began to "occupy" Kareem with a little conversation.
Kareem was all smiles as he formally introduced himself to Kami. She didn't look like she wanted to be here, but Kareem wasn't about to let her down.
"Hi. I'm Kareem. Is everything ok? I mean, if you're feeling uncomfortable, I can understand, since this is sort of like a blind date."
"No I'm ok. It's nice to meet you. Michelle said she needed a favor from a friend so I don't mind." I lied straight through my teeth. One thing I hated was for a man to be able to read straight through me. So I put on all smiles for this rather good looking man. "So are you from here?"
"No, actually I'm-we're from Brooklyn. Me and my brothers are here for some work." Kareem saw the put on smile. What was this girl's deal, he asked himself. "Listen, why don't I get you something to loosen up a bit, because you obviously seem to wanna get up and run from here. I don't bite...I promise," said Kareem, giving his best manly smile to this beautiful lady next to him.
"Kareem, I'm fine trust me. But a drink would be nice." Kareem called the waiter over and I order a girly drink, Strawberry Daiquiri. No need in getting drunk with someone I don't know. "Anyway, I've never been to New York. I'm a writer/author. I'm sure the time will come for me to make a trip there. My Publisher is in New York. What is it that you do?" The waiter came back with my drink. I crossed my legs and turned to face Kareem. My short strapless baby blue dress was rising up a bit. Of course that caught Kareem’s eye. Maybe I wanted it to.

He just had to look at Kami's shapely legs. He tried not to be obvious, but the eyes just did their own thing.
"I'm a computer technician. Yeah, you can call me a geek, but actually, I'm the furthest thing from a geek as you can get," Kareem laughed. He stopped the waiter before he left. "I'll take a coke please," said Kareem. Kami gave him a sideways look.
"A computer technician? Nothing to be ashamed about. That just means you make a lot of money. Everybody has computers." I laughed as well but not at him, with him. Kareem seemed real cool and I was glad I decided to do this favor for Michelle. "So Michelle says that this "favor". I put fingers up for affect. "Is supposed to last for a few weeks. What do you like to do? Any places you may like to see while you're here? I'm not much for being out in the clubs. I just came out of a five year relationship that ended bad and I was trying to do the right thing and stay out of the clubs but that's another story." I laughed. "But I'm sure my girl Shanese knows a few places.

Kareem nodded as Kami was talking, taking it all in, especially the relationship part.
"Yes, I'm comfortable on what I get paid. Three weeks is correct. My days will be busy, but my nights," Kareem started. He was noticing Kami's beautiful eyes, and how she seemed interested in every word he said. "My nights are free, and as you can see, I'm not much of a drinker either. They can keep the clubs. Give me a secluded spot of a restaurant, with good food, and a nice conversation with a lovely lady...who I believe is NOT in a relationship, based on what I heard?"
I laughed at Kareem's little hint of me being single. "Yeah you heard right. I'm single. Wasn't by choice. It was a hand I was dealt but I'm a big girl. I'll get through it."

The hurt on Kami's face was so noticeable, even though she put on a brave front. Kareem took hold of her hand, which scared her just a bit.
"Listen, I told you I don't bite. What I'd like to do is to make you comfortable, and ease those bad feelings from your head, because you are so tensed up, I can feel it. "Kami smiled, and her hand loosened up to take a better hold of Kareem's. Kareem continued, “"So, a five-year relationship, huh? How can anyone be with a gorgeous gal like you for so long, and just give up on you? That is how it went, right? Because you seem like the committed type; in for the long run. Does this person still have your number?" Kareem, as smooth as he is, was hoping that the relationship was completely over, because he didn't need any headaches.
“Thanks but yes I was committed. He ended the relationship just when I thought he was going to ask me to marry him. But something about the situation doesn’t seem right. Things have been crazy in my life since then." I took a sip of my drink. "He doesn't know but I know about a huge secret that he's keeping. Something happened a few years ago concerning money. Needless to say, I plan to use my information."
Damn, she wanted to take ol' dude's money, Kareem thought. That hurt look returned to Kami's face, this time with a little bit of fire. Kareem stared at her for a few seconds, seeing the wheels turning in her head. The wheels were turning in his head as well. Kareem heard the word money, and his heart started racing. This was another chance to get paid, and what better way than to help out a fine-ass women bring down her ex.
"Um, wow. Ah, so you really want this dude to pay, huh?
"Something like that. I invested a lot of time in this man. I can't just let him walk away like that. A few months back I found out that he was involved with a friend in a bank robbery and got away with a lot of money. I have plans once this favor for my friend is over." As I told Kareem about Keith his eyes got big like he'd just seen a ghost but before he could respond or ask another question, Shanese walked up to me.
“Hey I'm leaving. I don't know what's up with ol' boy but I'm outta here. I'll hook up with ya'll again later.
"You leaving?" I asked.
"Yeah I need to get Lil Mark. You might as well come with me. I don't wanna leave you here by yourself." She finished.
"Well Kareem I guess we are gonna have to cut this little date short. How about we exchange numbers and hook up again later?"
Kareem couldn't believe his ears. Say what? He stood up as Kami stood, ready to leave.
"Yes, we definitely have to meet up again. So, how about dinner? Some nice convo? You pick the place."

I stood up with Kareem. "Great. Here's my number. Call me this week." I gave Kareem a small hug and headed for the door. He headed over to his brother Andre.
Kareem watched as the babe in the slinky blue strapless dress walked out the door, then sat down with Andre.
"Bro, what the fuck? That Shanese chick was too through with you," said Kareem.
"I don't know, me and blind dates...it's ridiculous, man. I wasn't feeling her, she wasn't feeling me." Andre looked more depressed than usual.
"Well, let me tell you this: me and that fine thang that just walked out the door are hitting it off. In fact, we're hitting it off so well, that she opened up to me," said Kareem. Andre was still sulking. "And, you're not gonna believe what she told me."
"What, that she wants to be your baby's mama? Look, let's just forget about these tricks, and go back to the motel and talk money. That's what we're here for anyway." Andre started to get up.
"BINGO!" Kareem's face lit up. Andre waited for Kareem to explain what bingo meant. "Bingo, as in money! Andre, she just told me that her ex was involved in a bank robbery, and she's about to set him up and get paid. Dude, doesn't this sound familiar?"
Andre eased back into the chair. "Bank robbery? Don't you think it's a coincidence?"
"I don't believe in coincidences, bro. I believe in being at the right place, at the right time." Kareem's smile went wide, causing Andre to do the same.

Meanwhile….

When Michelle left the restaurant with Kami, Shanese, Andre and Kareem, she planned to go home but had other things in mind. She vowed a few weeks ago that she was going to try to work on her marriage and not sleep around but of course while out she met a gorgeous, caramel skin guy named Travis that got more than her attention. After a few brunch dates they’d had one sexual encounter and tonight would make the second.

As she pulled up to his house in Lawrenceville GA she fixed her lips and hair. She got out of the car and walked up to the door not realizing she was being followed by a Private Investigator because her husband thought she was cheating on him.

Be sure to read "Crimes of Passion in the ATL" with Keith, Kareem, Carlos & Andre. http://provocatived.blogspot.com

Dominique Watson and Darryl Mims are bringing their series together. Watch as the action unfolds and the characters come together!